Learn Easy Solutions To Fix “iPhone Is Disabled” Error Message On Your iPhone After Entering Wrong Password!
Overview: Are you getting the error message “iPhone is disabled” on your iPhone? You tried many times to unlock your device but it doesn’t work and you are unable to remember the exact password of your iPhone. Don’t worry, you can fix this problem. This post will guide you on how to fix iPhone disabled after entering wrong password or how to fix iPhone wrong passcode lockout times.
With the help of iPhone Unlock software, you can:
- Effectively disable/unlock/remove iPhone after entering wrong password.
- Remove iPhone’s screen lock PIN, pattern, Touch ID, Face ID and password.
- Supports all models of iPad and iPhone like iPad Mini/Pro/Air, iPhone XR/XS Max/SE/11/11Pro/8/X etc.
- Available for both Windows and Mac computer.
- 100% safe, secure and user friendly interface.
Free Download Trial Version/Buy Now iPhone Unlock Tool
Let us start with real user practical scenario!
Practical Scenario: iPhone Disabled – How To Unlock? A User Looking For Solution
How can I unlock my phone with out having a computer to connect to iTunes?
Source: Apple Discussion
Just like above example, there are many iPhone users out there encountering the same issue.
But before we go to the solution section, let us first know the reasons for the occurrence of iPhone disabled error.
Reason For The iPhone Disabled Error
When you enter incorrect password repeatedly to unlock your iPhone then your iPhone gets disabled. There are five types of iPhone disable time message which show according to your numbers of attempts in entering the passcode in a row.
- 5 times entering wrong password will show the message- iPhone is disabled, try again in 1 minute.
- 7 times entering wrong password will show the message- iPhone is disabled, try again in 5 minutes.
- 8 times entering wrong password will show the message- iPhone is disabled, try again in 15 minutes.
- 9 times entering wrong password will show the message- iPhone is disabled, try again in 1 hour.
- 10 times entering wrong password will show the message- iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes.
Now, the question arises – How do you unlock your iPhone after failed passcode attempts?
Well, you don’t need to panic below are some easy solutions on how to bypass/disable/remove/unlock iPhone after entering wrong passcode several time.
Solution 1: Disable Your iPhone After Entering Wrong Passcode/Pin/Pattern/Touch ID/Face ID Via iOS Unlock Software
You can easily disable your iPhone by using iOS Unlock software which is a perfect iPhone Unlock tool. This software disable/unlock your iPhone passcode without losing any data from your phone. Even if your iPhone disabled with correct passcode, it will fix the issue.
Best thing about this tool is that it is available for both Windows and Mac computer.
You do not need any technical skill to use this software. It supports all models of iPad and iPhone like iPad Mini/Pro/Air, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone XS (Max), iPhone XR/X, iPhone 8 (Plus), iPhone 7 (Plus), iPhone 6s (Plus), iPhone 6 (Plus), iPhone SE, etc.
Below click on the link to follow the steps to disable/bypass iPhone passcode/pattern/fingerprint/Face ID by using iOS Unlock software.
Solution 2: Disable iPhone Passcode By Connecting Your iPhone To iTunes
To unlock your iPhone you need to connect your iPhone to computer. If you kept backup of your iPhone data recently and remember the passcode then it is good otherwise you have to erase all the data from your iPhone.
So, if you have remember the passcode and have created backup recently then just follow the below steps to disable your iPhone with iTunes as it needs to restore.
Step 1: Connect your device to computer that you have used earlier to sync your device with iTunes.
Step 2: Select your iPhone icon in iTunes.
Step 3: Now, click on “Restore iPhone” button in iTunes and then follow the onscreen steps and in few minutes your iPhone will get restored.
You May Also Like:
- Learn To Fix iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max Keeps Restarting
- Apple Watch Battery Draining After Update? Here How To Fix!
- How To Fix iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max Stuck At Black Screen
- Troubleshooting: iTunes Has Detected Incompatible Bluetooth Software
Solution 3: Unlock Your Disabled iPhone Using Find My iPhone
Looking for iPhone disabled fix without iTunes solution then follow this solution.
You can use Apple’s Find My iPhone feature to unlock your disabled iPhone. By using this feature you can reset your iPhone which helps you to disable your iPhone.
Below, follow the steps to do so.
Step 1: On your computer open Find My iPhone website.
Step 2: Login to your account.
Step 2: After that from the drop down menu find your iPhone from the available list and click on it.
Step 3: Next, tap on the option “Erase iPhone” and to confirm this click on “Erase” button. To do this you need to enter the Apple ID and password.
Step 4: Once it gets erased, it will return to factory settings and your device will not ask any passcode. You can then follow the steps to restore your device from the recent backup.
Solution 4: Put Your iPhone In Recovery Mode To Unlock Disabled iPhone
You can also disable your iPhone passcode by putting your device in recovery mode.
Follow, the below steps to put your iPhone in recovery mode to bypass disabled iPhone.
Step 1: Turn OFF your iPhone by holding the Wake/Sleep button which you will find right side of iPhone 6 and above and in other iPhone at top corner. Hold it till the slider displays, after that swipe the slider. If your device does not work then hold together the both Wake/Sleep and Home button till the iPhone screen gets dark. In iPhone 7 series hold Volume Down button in the place of Home button.
Step 2: Close iTunes if it is opened and launch iTunes on your computer.
Step 3: Next step depend upon your iPhone model.
- If you are using iPhone 8 and above then put the USB cable into your iPhone. When you put the other side of the cable to computer then hold the Side button of your iPhone.
- If you are using iPhone 7 series then put the USB cable in your iPhone. When you put the other side of the cable to computer then hold the Volume Down button of your iPhone.
- If you are using iPhone 6S and older then put the USB cable in your iPhone. When you put the other side of the cable to computer then hold the Home button of your iPhone.
Step 4: Keep holding the above button depends upon your iPhone mode till Connect to iTunes screen display. Now your iPhone is in Recovery Mode.
Step 5: Next, a window will appear in iTunes with the option Update or Restore the iPhone. Click on Update option, this will update your OS without any data loss.
Step 6: If the update failed then again put your device in Recovery Mode but this time click on Restore option.
iTunes will download the software for your device. Wait for the process to get complete and then you can set-up your device and use it.
Bonus Tip: Avoid Your iPhone Being Disabled In Future
To avoid your iPhone being disabled, you should not randomly enter the incorrect password which will help your iPhone to lock and being disabled.
It is always recommended that you must keep a regular backup of your iPhone data and try to write the passcode in other place so that if your forget it then you can easily disable your iPhone.
I hope the solutions mention in the post have solved your problem of iPhone disabled after entering wrong passcode.
If you have not backup your iPhone files then some solutions will erase all your iPhone’s data. Try the solutions according to your backup and requirements.
Hence it is highly recommended that you must try iOS Unlock software as it fixes the disabled iPhone without deleting any data from your iPhone which is mentioned in Solution 1.
Max Field is a founder of ios-datarecovery.com. He is an iOS lover and loves to write tips, tricks, fixes for errors, data recovery solutions and more related to iOS, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, iTunes and iCloud.